- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is any information which can reasonably identify you. Information about you that is de-identified or otherwise aggregated is not personal information and may be used for any business purpose.
We collect personal information about you from a variety of different sources. We collect information about you directly when you make an account with us and automatically via technologies such as cookies.
We collect and process your personal information when you do any of the following:
- Register for an account or log in to an existing account
- Interact with the website and its services
- Order products or content from us
- Contact us
When you create an account with us, you will voluntarily provide us with certain personal information, such as your email address and password.
- PAYMENT INFORMATION
We will collect your payment information when you buy content with us.
We may also collect information that you provide us with when you communicate with us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES
- USAGE INFORMATION
We collect personal information when you use or otherwise interact with our services. This could include information about the pages you view, what subject matter you are interested in as well as the eBooks and Audiobooks that you have liked.
- DEVICE INFORMATION
We collect certain technical information about the device that you use to connect to our services. This could be information such as your IP address, device type, device model and manufacturer as well as operating system and version.
- TRANSACTIONAL INFORMATION
We also automatically store information about the transactions you have made on the website such as the amount that has been charged to your card, the date and time of purchases as well as any other information.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Customers must be of at least 18 years of age to be able to register with an account and to be able to use all of its services. The website does not knowingly collect information of anyone under the age of 18.
HOW AND WHY WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We may use the personal information that we have collected from you for the following purposes:
We use your identifiers to be able to verify your identity when you access your account as well as to ensure the security of your personal information.
- OPERATING SERVICES
We process your information in order to provide you with access to the website and its services as well as to process all of your transactions.
- MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT
We use the information in order to manage and maintain the account that you have with us.
- IMPROVE SERVICES
We analyse information in order to see where we can improve our services.
We may use your personal information in order to communicate with you if you contact us with any questions or to inform you about details of your order or any changes to our terms of service.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We may disclose personal information about you to some of our service providers and business partners who act as our data processors and who perform business services for us.
- YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You have the following choices and rights with regards to your data:
- Right to restrict our use of your Personal Information.
- Right to rectify the Personal Information we hold about you.
- Right to access Personal Information: Users exercising this right may request access to the categories and specific pieces of their Personal Information we hold.
- Right to data portability: Users exercising this right may receive their Personal Information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party.
- Right to object to our use of your Personal Information.
- Right to disclosure: Users exercising this right can receive additional information regarding the sources from which we collect information, the purposes for which we collect and share Personal Information, the information of theirs we hold, and the categories of parties with whom we share their information.
- SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
We care about the security of all of our customers, and we deploy appropriate administrative, technical and physical measures which are designed to ensure a certain level of security for the personal information that we collect. We evaluate our security and our safeguards on an ongoing basis which helps to minimise risks from any new security threats as they become known to us. However, please be aware that no information system on the internet can be 100% secure. We are also not responsible for the safety of information that you transmit to us over networks that we have no control over such as wireless internet networks. It is your responsibility to keep your account and password information safe so that it is not shared with any third parties.
We retain the information that we collect from you during your use of this service for as long as we need it and for as long as we have a relationship with you. If you choose to close your account, at that time we will only retain your personal information for the length of time that is required to do so by local law.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- HOW TO CONTACT US